28oct9:3012:40Online Event with EuropeanIssuers and BusinessEurope - "Corporate Governance for sustainable and competitive European companies"9:30 - 12:40 CET - Brussels time Type of Event:WebinarPublic:All Public
ecoDa, EuropeanIssuers and BusinessEurope are delighted to invite you to their join online event. The topics of Corporate Governance and Due Diligence are of key importance at European level.As a consequence,
The topics of Corporate Governance and Due Diligence are of key importance at European level.
As a consequence, ecoDa, EuropeanIssuers and BusinessEurope are feeding the debate, by bringing together companies, board members and experts in Corporate Governance, to discuss the role of directors in creating long-term value.
9.30 – 9.35: Welcome: Michel de Fabiani, Chair of ecoDa’s Policy Committee
9.35 – 9.45: Keynote speech: How companies should articulate their long-term strategy? Luc Vansteenkiste, Chairman EuropeanIssuers
9.45 Table 1: Long-term value creation: Towards a stakeholders’ oriented-capitalism? – Moderated by Odile de Brosses, Director of the AFEP Legal Department and Chair of the Policy Committee EuropeanIssuers
- 9.45 – 9.55: Introductory remarks: Corporate interest: a legal myth? Odile de Brosses, EuropeanIssuers
- Testimonies: Companies in action:
- 55 – 10.10: Romas Švedas, Member of the Supervisory Board at RB Rail (tbc)
- 10 – 10.35:Cyril Rolling, from the Legal Department of L’Oréal
- 35 – 11.15:Discussion: Should all stakeholders be put on a closer footing with shareholders?
- Heidi Hautala, MEP, Group of the Greens (tbc)
- Gorazd Podbevšek, Chair of the Slovenian Directors’ Association;
- Marcello Bianchi, Vice Director general at Assonime and Member of the Board of EuropeanIssuers.
- Professor Steen Thomsen, Novo Nordisk Foundation Professor of Enterprise Foundations at the Center for Corporate Governance, Member of ecoDa’s Policy Committee
11.15: Table 2: Is a paradigm shift in terms of accountability needed? Moderated by Sandra Gobert, Guberna
- 11.15 – 11.25: Introductory remarks: From a controlling role towards a more incentive role of shareholders Sandra Gobert, CEO, Guberna
- 11.25 – 11.40: Testimony: How investors can instill more transparency in ESG matters?
- Isabelle Cabie, Global Head of Responsible Development, Candriam
- 11.40 – 12.20: Discussion: What sharing of responsibilities and what accountability systems in companies of tomorrow ?
- Lara Wolters, MEP, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- Leena Linnainmaa, Secretary General of Directors’ Institute Finland
- Philippe Lambrechts, BusinessEurope
12.20: Speech: Maija Laurila, Head of Unit, European Commission – Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers – Civil and commercial justice – Company law (JUST.A.3)
12.30 – 12.40 : Concluding remarks : Michel de Fabiani, Chair of ecoDa’s Policy Committee
(Wednesday) 9:30 - 12:40